Thursday, May 23, 2013

Jake and The Neverland Pirates (and ME!) Birthday

Our Jake and the Neverland Pirates 2nd Birthday Party

 The Birthday Boy!


Jake, Izzy, Cubby, Scully, Peter Pan, and Captain Hook are common names heard around our house. There are sword fights, daily. "Arrrgh, Matey"is a common greeting. Imaginary pixie dust is sprinkle in the air and my children flap their arms trying to fly. Occasionally this ends with the song from Jake and the Neverland Pirates: Peter Pan Returns, "I can't fly, I can't fly, I can't fly." My oldest son even has a Captain Hook Bed! We may be just a slight bit obsessed with all things Jake.

It came as no surprise that we were having a Jake and the Neverland Pirates Birthday Party for my oldest son's birthday. None. I wouldn't be surprised if he begged for one for his 3rd birthday too. Lately when I ask him his name, it's Pirate. He likes to look for Jake and Captain Hook through his "spy glass". And we talk about Jake the Pirate multiple times throughout the day.

My little pirates


Pinterest became my best friend. You can find my Jake and the Neverland Pirates Board here. I wish I had gotten more pictures of the food we made. Oh well. My favorites were the little boats (oranges) on the water (jello) and the octopus out of a bell pepper. We used a lot of the Jake and the Neverland Pirates toys that we already had. Mainly the plastic ones since we were outside. Had the party been indoors, we would have brought out the plush Captain Hook, Peter Pan, Wendy, Jake, Izzy, Cubby, and Scully that we have (and that my son sleeps with every night). He LOVES Jake.

 The Banner we found at the Dollar Store.

Gold Doubloons and Bucky on the Jake and the Neverland Pirates table cover

Cute little orange boats 

Jake table covering 

We decided to have the party at a local park. The BEST IDEA EVER!! The kids had a blast and clean up was a breeze. We got everyone together for snacks, cupcakes, and our treasure hunt. The rest of the time the kids played on the playground. And let me tell you, my kids slept so well that night. Even after all the sugar.

 Her favorite snack. She ate at least 3.

 Searching for the Treasure Chests with their maps. We filled the Treasure Chests, which were also the party favors, with eye patches, scarf, and gold doubloons.


 The Birthday Boy's Gluten Free Cupcake


1 comment:

  1. How creative! I need to keep this in mind for my kids' birthdays next year. They are two months apart, so I'm thinking of doing a joint boy/girl birthday party. My daughter really is named Izzy, so we need to keep this theme in mind!

    ReplyDelete