Thursday, May 16, 2013

|A Day in the Life: Pour and Mix|


Today is just a glimpse into our life. 

But let me just tell you, it isn't always like this. Some days we watch too much Disney Junior. I say "no" all day long. I can not wait until bedtime. But I don't want my children to look back and remember those days. 

So today, I made the art easel a table, pulled out all the plasticware I could find, and let the kids pour water. They had fun. Pouring water. Little to no preparation. You can do this too! 

She LOVED it! 

Adding some mint. 

Brother joined in. He was SO wet when he came inside.

They played at this table after lunch, after nap, and they wanted to go back out after dinner. I think it was a success! We'll be out there again tomorrow!!

After the boys went down for naps, the girls made cupcakes. My daughter wanted to "pour and mix" today, so that's exactly what we did. We poured water and mixed cupcakes.

In my inbox was a recipe for gluten free cupcakes using coconut flour from Kelly at The Nourishing Home. I took a quick look at the ingredient list, and I had everything! I've never made gluten free cupcakes, so I was as excited as my daughter.

You must have an apron and fancy shoes according to my daughter.

She loved the eggs. Even asking for her picture taken with one.

Here are the ingredients. 

local raw honey and coconut oil

local free range eggs
The color is SO rich. 

Whippin' it good 

 I used my ice cream scoop. Amazing tool. 
Just the right amount of batter in the cup.

I made 12 regular sized cupcakes instead of 24 minis. 

While I had all the ingredients I needed for the cupcakes, the icing was a different story. Oops! They were pretty good. I've never cooked with coconut flour before, so I wasn't sure what to expect. I also used coconut oil instead of butter. I thought they tasted a lot like coconut. My husband asked if I made them out of corn. Seriously. 

I'm still looking for the perfect gluten free cupcake recipe, but this one is pretty good and worth a try!

Do you have a favorite gluten free cupcake recipe? Please share!

No comments:

Post a Comment