Monday, May 20, 2013

DIY: Quick and Easy Art with Children


I love to craft. Painting a canvas, refinishing furniture, sewing, stamping, I love it all. And I miss it when I don't get to express myself through crafting. My children really like to help me craft whenever possible. I was refinishing a table, and I let my daughter help. Yes, sometimes she had too much paint on the brush, sometimes she painted more than just the table. But she loved it. They are times we just have to say yes. Regardless of the inconvenience. It's hard to let go of control sometimes, but we are making memories. Messy memories are the best memories.

Here is simple canvas project that kids can do by themselves or they can help you. You will need: a blank canvas, sticky foam letter, paint, paintbrushes for everyone who wants to paint, and a simple quote or saying. Like I said, easy. We made this one for a little friend's birthday and they love pink. Just a warning, this project is very pink.

canvas, foam letters, paint

 The kids helped me sort through letters to find the ones we would use for the project.

I placed the letters on the canvas to determine spacing. 

The kids did help me peel off the paper backing. 

All stuck down. 

Time for paint! 

Somehow I didn't have pink paint in my paint box, so we had to mix it ourselves.
Paint the entire canvas, making sure you get into all the holes and edges of the letters. 

See? The kids helped paint. They loved it since it was for their friend. 

 It's kind of hard to see, but it's all about texture.

I'm thinking about doing a white one for our Living Room with two words. Be Still.

What word or saying would you use? Tell us in the comments.

No comments:

Post a Comment